Friday, March 7, 2008

Back from Taiwan

Finally, i'm back from Taiwan.... although the trip is short, but it's a relaxing and full of things to learn. my purpose there is to visit my supplier. as some of you know that my new product is a heavy investment from my company, thus there is not room for error.

my visit in Taiwan included 3 nights in Taipei and 2 nights in Tainan. 3 nights in taipei i stayed in some pretty hip hotel down in the middle of Taipei. while 2 nights in Tainan i stayed at a kinky Motel. why do i say kinky? check out my facebook for more pictures :)

this trip is a life changing trip for me. why do i say that, i met different people make me take life differently. most important, my supplier became my fren... the moment i picked me up from airport i know something is going easy between me and him. i was brought to places on his limited Subaru Imprezza STI 7 Spec C. this is limited in Taiwan. only 60 were sold legally locally in taiwan. of course there are people importing JDM models. but they are seriously rare.

the very important thing that i learn in Taiwan is that Taiwanese people does business very heavily rely on relationship. even my volume was little, my suppliers all treated me well, send me around and treated me dinner. fine dining as well... more pictures in my face book.

i did played golf in Taipei as well. the golf course sparked up alot of memories from the past.. past as in way back when i was studying in Melbourne. it was cooling, it was windy, the wind is strong enough to stop my ball in the middle of the air.

my friend/supplier good enough to bring me along to meet his fren, pretty enjoyable night i have in taipei before i leave the next day very very early flight that i have to hop on the taxi by morning 5.30AM.

normally i go taipei, i would shop for Mister Donut, i would shop at CD shops where the CDs are so cheap compared to here, also the shopping centre pastries are so good that not even Sun Moulin in Isetan can't match up. but all these i missed it due to my tight schedule. it was a good experience though.

hope i can get there again someday. :)

No comments: